FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
The Local Development Organization is seeking someone to join their prestigious team and fill the position of ‘Finance and Admin Officer’.
The Local Development Organization, also known as LDO is a not-for-profit, non-political civil society organization focused on supporting local administration, communities and reviving the economy. LDO organization is registered in Turkey and has its head office in Gaziantep- Turkey, with active offices inside Syria- including Idleb. The Local Development Organization’s Advisory Board Members, specialized in various fields including public administration, local economy, strategic planning, institutional and community development. LDO works with and for Local Authorities in Syria in order to achieve good governance with the aim of creating consistency, integrity and excellence as well as a trusted system. This good governance is the main element setting the balance between strategic and operational conduct in an organized and deliberate approach.
About the position:
We are looking for a candidate with a background in financial management and administration who is highly organized, detail oriented, and very proficient with Microsoft Excel. Familiarity with grant funding would be an asset. We aim to create a work culture that is multicultural, friendly, challenging and rewarding.
The Finance & Administration Officer will be responsible for financial activites related to the EU Grant Contract NEAR-TS/2020.419-731, “Advancing Justice for Syrians in Turkey.” They will join a collaborative, ethical, and compliant team and work directly with and report to the Turkey Country Director to help manage the program budget and financial operations for the program, coordinate advances and disbursements, project accounting, grant financial reporting, and relevant administrative functions. Compliance with applicable financial laws, regulations and guidelines is expected at all times to uphold the program’s trust and credibility within the community. Example duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, maintain, and reconcile spreadsheets to monitor grant expenditure against budget
- Prepare cash flow analysis and forecasts of grant inflows and expenses
- Learn and apply the terms of grant contract and the organization’s policies and procedures
- Prepare expense reports, advance requests, payment requests, and monitor invoice compliance with relevant contracts and policies
- Create reports of financial data, including ad hoc financial presentations to the program’s stakeholders
- Gather, organize and file all relevant financial documents
- Other tasks as needed for financial and administration functioning
- Business proficient oral and written English (ability to understand legal nuances of grant documentation)
- Local languages (Turkish)
- Arabic is an asset
- Work duties will be performed in Gaziantep but you are expected to work remotely with an international team
- 12-month term, renewable until 30 June, 2023, subject to performance review
- 4-week notice period
In order to apply please send your cover letter and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org before 26 July 2021 with the subject line “Finance Officer EU Turkey”